HELMET HEAD

HELMET HEAD
PRIDE & JOY

Friday, July 6, 2012

A FRIEND IN NEED

TWITTERITES - CAN WE BE GENEROUS?  

This is a very unusual blog for me to write. There are many strange facts; not the least of which is that I have never met the person whom I am about to write.

In the past two years, and strictly from Twitter; what I know about her is that she is one of the most upbeat, kooky, enthusiastic and caring people I have encountered on Twitter. She always has a bright attitude, is quick to be supportive of many Twitterites, occasionally appears to be completely nuts, and from what I have gathered, has two major passions in life. Her son, Riley and fitness.

Perhaps some of you know her from Twitter.

I am talking about a woman named Lori Alcorn.  She runs a lot. She is a fitness trainer - and has always been diligent about doing everything possible to be healthy.

Lori has recently been diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer, Metastatic Adenocarcinoma with an unknown Primary. Devastating to anyone; but for someone who is so energetic and full of life - horrific.

At this point I am going to quote one of her closest and longest friends, Clare, who clearly articulates who Lori is:

...Lori is a very unique person in the fact
that she refuses to be knocked down no matter what "hurdles" life
sends her way.Her positive energy shines through and always passes on
to the people around her. She laughs and jokes and always always has a
smile on her face for you. She is a firm believer in "Paying It
Forward", this is why close friends and family had to do something to
help her through this difficult time in her life. She not only has to
deal with all the emotional aspects of this devastating illness but
has the financial stress of her everyday living expenses. She is on
limited funds presently due to not being able to work. The donations
will be used in helping her with costs involved in everyday living
expenses such as rent, utilities and gas for her car to get to her
various appointments. Throughout this terrible ordeal Lori has never
complained and has never given up the struggle. We just thought by
taking some of the financial stress away this will give her time to
focus on her own well being, leaving her to put energy into fighting
this  with the help of a circle of friends who care around her.Even a
small donation is well worth it until she gets on her feet again... 

I am confident that we all know at least one person in our own family that has suffered from or is suffering from the big C. In a recent tweet, Lori expressed that she prefers to call it "Dancer". I thought that was very "her", as from what I read in her tweets - she is always dancing.

If each one of my followers donated one dollar that would be $20K, to help her get through this terrible time. I am hoping that we can all spread the word and try to assist her during the countless Dr's appointments and treatments.

Clearly, many of us are struggling with poor economic conditions, and as a complete stranger, it is odd to be asking for help for someone I do not know. But, I get a feeling about a person every now and then - and something tells me that Lori is someone who can beat this with a little help.  While I am the antithesis of "bubbly", I do believe this world needs more "bubbly" people - and Lori is certainly that!

Let us see what we can do from Twitter? 

An account has been set up at BMO Transit No, 39562, acct 3989-279 for
anyone wishing to make a donation to Lori.

Here are some comments sent to me from some of her friends:

FROM: Karen Williamson

   ,,,I met Lori when she came into my
I met Lori when she came into my store looking for glasses.  Always smiling and happy she has a love for life that is infectious.  She helped me improve my health and fitness and put me on a path of living better.  She teaches and trains with passion and with humor. Our personal training sessions always flew by.  She is smart and beautiful inside and out. And I am a better person for knowing her,,,

FROM:  Joe D'Addario

,,,Hi my name is Joe D'Addario and Lori Alcorn has worked in my store Nature's Emporium for over 5 years. I've known Lori for more than 15 years and I've always found her to be a very vivacious woman. Always smiling and always positive. Lori is an inspiration to us all. She has a never give up attitude that she has possessed forever. She strong willed and a very independent woman who has faced challenges all her life and has always come up a winner!  She has many passions and none more than our planet we live on, to leave it a better place than it was before she got here!  There's only one Lori Alcorn!,,,

FROM: Jenny Vallacorsa

,,,I met Lori Alcorn when my daughter bought me training sessions with her. I hate exercising but Lori was the only person that pushed me to take control over my bad health. I left each session so proud of myself and could hardly wait for the next one. She is so passionate about everything- her kids-her earth, her friends and herself. What she does is always selfless.
She has had many hurdles to over-come in her life and she has always fought her way through. She is now fighting a big battle as she has been diagnosed with c-----. She will win this one too as she is my super-hero. I love my friend my hero Lori,,,

PLEASE think about giving a small donation to this lovely woman.

The banking information again is:


BMO Transit No, 39562, acct 3989-279 

Thank you for listening.  My best. Bonnie

PS:  "FUCK CANCER"

5 comments:

  1. Yes! Please give, I don't know what I would do if I lost this dear friend. It is not her time yet, her friends and her planet still need her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE NOTE THAT TO SEND DONATIONS - SIMPLY: Email an on line banking transcation to: alcorn_11@hotmail.com

    Lori also has another son Mathew whom she cares deeply about, as well as all of her family.

    HOPE THAT YOU CAN HELP. NO DONATION IS TOO SMALL! THANK YOU. BONNIE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I met Lori thru Twitter also we instantly bonded and she nicknamed us sunshine2thepowerof2! She is a beautiful passionate woman and always makes me laugh even with all the pain she is going thru she stays strong and positive! It breaks my heart to see what she is going thru but I know with God and the power of prayer and positive faith from friends she can beat this ugly disease!I love you soul sista!! xoxo karen aka sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bonnie,

    It is with sincerest gratitude from myself and my family that you have taken the time to write such a wonderful piece about my aunt. It is the generosity from people such as yourself that contributes to the fight and we could not be more thankful for the kindness you have shown. My aunt is blessed to have so many individuals surrounding her and encouraging her battle and I want to personally thank you from the bottom of my heart for the encouragement and positivity you have provided to her.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are most welcome. I just wish it had produced results. Keep the faith. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete