I'm pretty confident that there are few people who think the way I do about cars; as surely if they did, we wouldn't see so many cars that all look alike. I include in this group SUV'S. I've actually sat at Starbucks and watched cars pass, and the truth is there is very little difference between the small, mid and larger vehicles other than colour. And, even the colours are quite boring. Personally, I would like to see smaller versions of the cars of the 50's showing up in our world. At least they had character. When I watch old movies, I ask myself - where are those car designers?
But, alas, I am certain that the male market - which I personally believe cares more about cars, really don't give a hoot about the exteriors of cars as much as perhaps women do - or clearly I do.
So, let's say that cars will continue to come off the line, from all makers, with very slight modifications on the exterior. We know that some of the interiors now include GPS, mini monitors, heated seats, cooling seats, revolving seats, automated parking, etc. - BUT there is one thing that not one car manufacturer has mastered and it astounds me.
A decent garbage system. I'm pretty certain that I could design a mini garbage compactor for cars; but the truth is - why don't they just build them into cars? They would be environmentally friendly, and would solve an age old problem that has not been addressed with all of the useless gadgets that are on the market for this purpose.
I see it as a simple task. 1) Enlarge the glove compartment by 50% & hey - maybe even make it more of an organizer? Radical I know. 2) That compartment in between the two front seats that is merely a collector for junk - could become a garbage compactor. Violla! Out of site and practical.
Next post will be a rant on the iphone, and its ludicrous inability to be seen in the outdoors. I feel compelled to design a carrying case that would remove this problem by shielding the light so that you can work the damned things outside!
Would love your thoughts on a garbage compactor for cars. My best. Bonnie
No comments:
Post a Comment